Junjou Romantica – 10
Finally the appearance of our last couple! The terrorist couple.
I have to say that the name is very fitting. Afterall, Shinobu practically terrorizes Miyagi.
Alright, so this is what this episode is about…
- The ep starts off with Shinobu at a cafe with Miyagi chatting over a cup of coffee. But lets just say that it feels more like an interrogation or a business meeting than chatting.
- We find out that Shinobu has just came back from studying overseas in Australia and he his main reason for returning is to confess his undying love for dear Miyagi.
For some reason it feels like Shinobu is more mature than Miyagi in their behaviour, it could be beacuse of Shinobu’s serious attitude.
- Why confess only now? Because Miyagi was married to Shinobu’s sister and only recently gotten divorce.
So a happy Shinobu goes back to Japan thinking it is all fate.
- How did they know each other? Miyagi had once saved Shinobu from a bunch of bullies and Shinobu was all ga-ga over him (sort of) only to find out they were both rushing to the same place (a hotel) for the same meeting… to introduce both familes to one another…. (basically he found out at that meeting that Miyagi is his brother-in-law. poor kid, can someone say shattered dreams?) So his hopes and dreams are shattered and he is shocked. can’t blame the kid right?
- While Shinobu is back in Japan, he is living with Miyagi because his sister is living with her boyfriend.
Miyagi is *very* reluctant to let Shinobu stay with him but after much persuasion and begging from the Shinobu’s dad (who also happens to be Miyagi’s boss) he reluctantly gives in. (p.s. Hiroki is now stuck with a bunch of work that Miyagi can’t get done due to babysitting Shinobu.. poor thing)
- While living together Shinobu cooks, and his dishes are made from using cabbage! =_= lol, the sight was funny though. The way Shinobu cooked was pretty fun to watch too.
- Hiroki makes a cameo in this episode as well, and Miyagi is bullying him, as usual.
- Back at home, Shinobu sits down with Miyagi to chat and he told Miyagi that he plans on going to M uni and studying lit in Miyagi’s department. Miyagi is slightly pleased to hear this and questions Shinobu, but Shi’s response was that he is going there to study in that department because of Miya. This sort of gets Miyagi pissed. He then keeps on repeating to Shinobu that he does not like guys.
- Miya accuses Shi of being the rich kid that has everything and probably just wants to try something new and thus decides to play gay for fun.
- Miyagi “rapes” Shinobu. And finds out that Shinobu really meant it when he said he liked Miyagi and it was not all just for fun. Miyagi leaves and we see him in his office at the uni.
- Shinobu comes in and starts terrorizing Miyagi wanting to follow him to a meeting, Miyagi then says that Shinobu should be going off to school and studying rather than just fooling around and following him all day long because that is childish and he hates kids. (This is most likely related to the flashbacks of a lady in a wheelchair that we keep seeing Miya have in the episode)
- Shinobu starts to reason by saying that he knows that Miyagi loves Ninjas and technically Shinobu means ninja (or part of). The episode ends with a stunned Miyagi wondering what is wrong with kids these days… (lol, i can sympathize with Miya)
- Finally, after the ED song, Nowa had made a bento for Hiroki and Miyagi sees it and is all jealous wanting to eat delicious food too… spying on convo is Shinobu with his eyes in evil-mode.
I have to say that his episode was not as bad as i thought it would be. The voice actor for Shinobu did a great job and was not in the least bit irritating. The manga made Shinobu seem more irritating some how.
The plot of this ep follows pretty closely to the manga i think.(i can’t really remember what happened in the manga)
All in all, it was a good ep for this couple just does not do it for me, while i don’t hate it, i don’t like it either. It is missing the cuteness and the pure love between the guys. Shinobu is cute and his love for Miya is pure and all but i find him too pushy.
It is good to see different types of couples with different characteristics, it keeps the anime interesting to watch.
Miyagi’s reactions were cute and funny especially when he woke up to Shinobu unbuttoning his shirt. This couple is adorable in their own ways and like i said, it is not as bad as i thought it would be.
my second fiddle with my tablet and i decided to draw this! a chibi usagi with his teddy!! ^^ what do you think of it? (mind you, i am still trying to get a hang of using the brushes, i have no idea how to do the lines, i just can’t get them to be the way i want them to be…)
I am using it as my desktop wallpaper now… wahaha… i am thinking of doing a simple hirokiXnowaki one, but i am not sure what to make them do in it. ^^ any ideas?
-ra out (screen caps to be added later, i need to go out soon. But i WILL add screen caps so check back in half a day or so.lol) further more, i apologize for this late post 😛
Edit: added the screen caps, decided to just add them since i have some times before i have to go out 😛 say thank you.. 😛 j/k