Another – 07 Review
In the wild struggle for existence, people want to have something that endures, and so they fill their minds with rubbish and facts, in the silly hope of keeping their so called “place” to return to. There are really only but two worlds – real and fantasy, Is this a dream? – Do you really exist or not?
Episode 7 – Sphere Joint
The episode start off with Kubodera-Sensei rampaging holding a knife as if he was possessed by an evil demon and finally stabbed himself in the throat struggling in front of the class and sprayed an ounce full of blood (or more) at the floor and even in the students faces, which led everyone panicking, running away from the room.
Chibiki-san went to class 3 in a rush and made everybody evacuate out of the room while Mikami-sensei was in a traumatic state looking at corpse.
An Investigation happened, it was said that Kubodera-Sensei was a bachelor who’s still living with his bedridden mother (due to some illness), but was found dead by the police. Clearly the mother was murdered by he’s very own son who was also in a lot of mental stress because of being tired taking care of her plus the class 3 phenomenon that he can’t really ignore.
At the rooftop, Teshigawara-kun, Misaki & Sakakibara-kun are talking as if it was very normal, although Teshigawara did said his heart was breaking but it can’t be helped, he then threw the conversation to Misaki saying if she feels like her weight has been lifted, which she brushed off replying it didn’t really feel a weight to begin with. Not long Akazawa-San came to tell Kouichi how everybody would feel about the whole incident and that she can’t really actually blame Sakakibara-kun no matter what anyone says. They also talked about the people that would come into hiding or those that might leave yomiyama in believing the curse would not be effective that way. Teshigawara also joked about maybe Misaki was actually the extra that year, which she shot back that it could also be him.
Misaki & Sakakibara-kun visited the library once again and talked to Chibiki-san asking how the calamity stopped 15 years ago, Chibiki-san then explained it to them slowly to their understanding. They learned about the school trip and that there might be some clues or answers that could help them in stopping the curse if the whole class went to the yomiyama shrine via the School trip chibiki-san was talking about but of course also visiting there would be of no assurance of whether something will change or not. Finally, July 17, Friday, Mikami-Sensei conducted a class trip for two days & three nights in August.
“Who is the dead one?” that is what Sakakibara-kun is thinking that it even transcend in his dreams. He woke up heavily sweating, his phone rang, it was his father calling, Sakakibara-kun was asking for photos of her mom from back then, and He then found out that her mom might have left a strange photo in his grandparent’s house.
At a Café in Inoya, Akazawa was the first to come so Sakakibara & her had a little talk first, but before that Sakakibara-kun met the waitress, Mochizuki’s older sister, Tomoka. Sakakibara-kun opened the conversation that he was wondering if he’s the one who doesn’t exist, which Akazawa also followed up. She then laughed it out saying she did considered it and stretched her hand holding Sakakibara-kun’s saying she had the feeling she met him already somewhere before.
All four of them (with Mochizuki & Teshigawara) were present, Mochizuki told them that her sister Tomoka might get involved coz he slip and told her just about everything (Apparently, Tomoka is also a student of Yomi North and gave them some information). At the conversation, Tomoka introduced a man named Katsumi Matsunaga, who was also a student of class 3, who told her that he saved the class by leaving “something” there. They didn’t really know where the Matsunaga guy is from, the only thing they know that Sakakibara-kun’s Aunt Reiko was on the same class, so she might know.
At the studio, Sakakibara-kun visited Misaki to fill her in about the whole thing and ask her if she would want to come with them if ever they found out where the Matsunaga guy lives, but was declined since she has to go with her parents outside Yomiyama for a week. The episode ended with Misaki looking at Sakakibara-kun with her emerald green eyes saying “don’t worry. It’s not you. You’re not the one who’s dead”.
Author’s Note: pshhhhhh. Finals is here and I’m extra busy with all the projects and thingy’s but of course I’ll have extra time for reviews ; ) since yes, I have time for everything, although it might really come a little late, *ehem* just like how it is today. End.
The whole class finally realized that rejecting Sakakibara- kun’s existence or making two students as “non-existent” would not really save them from the calamity, no, the moment Sakakibara-kun acknowledged Misaki to exist, there was no turning back, the charm has been broken and what’s done is done, the only thing that’s left are anguish & fear of the thought they could be next.
Sphere Joint, owh, the animation is extra good this episode, I don’t know how to explain it but one thing for sure is the awesome gruesomeness of the scenes itself, and the only thing I might be thanking blood-C for *bows* — extreme use of blood *grins*.
Now for this week’s Main Topics, let’s start gettin’ into serious business:
- Stress Kills. Kubodera-Sensei had enough of taking care of her sick mother & working his a** off to make money, having to look out for his life too is too much to handle, yet it seems. Rather than quitting the job, leaving Yomiyama, Kubodera is a (nice?) considerate person that he’d rather die with her mother than leaving her all alone. The scene seems strange though, it seems like he was fighting with someone, or was it hesitation?
- We Exist. Now that the charm doesn’t work anymore, there’s no use of pretending Sakakibara-kun & Misaki as “non-existent” but as Akazawa said “it’s their fault” partly true, it’s because they started talking to each other but if Akazawa just told Kouichi-kun everything from the start, then things wouldn’t happened that way.. The reason of Akazawa letting her guard down is….err?
- Let’s Go Camping. There was one time the calamity ended midyear, in a school trip, there were two students who died but it was not clear who the dead person was. Mikami-sensei might have thought the same thing (as discussed with Chibiki-san) so Mikami-sensei conducted a school trip in August believing they could find answers. Now, the thing’s that bothering me is how they didn’t found out who the dead person was? Did the ‘dead person’ not disappear?
- Strange Phone calls. What’s with his dad’s phone call? It’s always getting a broken line, if I should have known; his dad might just be in Yomiyama doing something : P or not. I didn’t really get the ‘ghost photo’ conversation though.
- Warm Hands. “I still get the feeling that we’ve met somewhere?” Most people might think if not Kouichi-kun its Akazawa whose the dead person, well, I couldn’t blame you coz their one of the most suspicious suspect. The only thing that I can get from this statement is that, if this is true, It connects to what his father said before about going there before (the strange phone call), and they might have met that time.
- That Summer. It makes you curious, what really happened that time? and as the story progresses, I can’t help but think how they keep connecting Reiko to the story, leading us back to the question “Did the dead person not disappear?”. Reiko’s reactions are too much, for such an important event how can she not remember them unless she knocked her head on a rock, and so, she’s the most suspicious in my own point of view.
Another person was introduced, the Matsunaga guy who was said to be responsible for stopping the curse, but rather than being happy about it? (Isn’t it the natural thing to do?) He seems rather scared. There are so many questions in my mind right now and everything is bundled up being confused about the sequence of the story. Was the cursed that was stopped in the midyear of Ritsuko’s term? Or was it Reiko’s term? and some other things that doesn’t add up.
We didn’t get as much of important information this week, erm nothing that big but Overall, it’s still a solid episode so yes, I’m glad with that point. The background music didn’t really shine this last two episodes but the silence doesn’t really felt bad at all, no, the atmosphere is just about right if I must say so myself.
Episode Rating: 7.8/10
Who is dead? And again, who do you think is the dead person? As for me, it’s waaaay to obvious if it’s Sakakibara so I’d like to think it’s not, coz if it is, It’ll turn out to be really disappointing. Then again, Misaki did confirmed it’s not Sakakibara-kun whose dead (remember how she can see the unseen with her eyes?) so we can exclude him I guess, but if Misaki can really see who’s the “dead person” why don’t she just check everyone, unless she already did, and did not found it? Hmm.